CC-BY At Mind -B3d101, J. Bakker & M. Dewanchand
Racetrack created by: Eracoon, Racoon Media
Available from: Blendswap
Blender 2.73 or higher
Foreknowledge: Introduction into 3D
In this tutorial you wil learn about:
- camera's and
We will animate a race track with 4 go-karts and you'll be telling your story.
Before animating you should ask yourself:
- How does a go-kart move along the track?
- How does a go-kart take turns?
- Do you hit the breaks before taking a turn?
- What is the ideal line for taking turns?
- How are go-kart races or in general car races recorded?
- Do they use multiple cameras?
- From which angles are races recorded?
- How often do they switch from viewpoint?
These are some of the type of questions that an animator usualy asks and analyses in order to know and decide how to animate. It's important that you tell your story and decide on how you want to tell it using the cameras.
In this tutorial we will animate 4 go-karts on a race track and we will make a few assumptions:
- A race is recorded from different camera positions. Sometimes the camera is to the side, sometimes in front, sometimes at the driver's seat.
- When taking a turn the go-kart will first turn to the inside and then move completely to the outside when exiting the turn. If you would draw a circle of the go-kart's turn, it would be a circle with the largest radius.
We will animate 1 round in this tutorial. But you can continue and animate your own race track and tell your race story.Print