Create a party monkey
CC-BY 3Dami, Peter Kemp & Tom Haines
Step by step: CC-BY At Mind - B3d101
Blender 2.73 or higher
In this course you'll learn some fundamentals of 3D animation, the skills required to make films such as Toy Story and Transformers. We will be using Blender, a completely free tool that you can use at home.
In this tutorial you will learn to:
- Zoom in and out.
- Add an object.
- Move an object.
- Delete an object.
You will use the:
- Right mouse button to select things.
- Left mouse button to change things.
- Mouse wheel to zoom in and out.
- Middle mouse button (press your mouse wheel in) to rotate your view.
- F12 key to render (show) the image your camera sees. If you're using a Mac press FN + F12.
- F3 key to save the rendered image as a picture on your computer. If you're using a Mac press FN + F3.
- ESC key to exit render mode.
- DELETE key to remove objects, DON’T delete the camera or light.
There are lots of other shortcuts, you will discover some in the videos you are watching or in the step-by-step tutorial.
If you are working on a Mac, wherever a function key is mentioned, use FN + <FUNCTION KEY>.